When people think about the people lurking on the internet, they think introverted, crazy people who don’t know how to operate in public. They are seriously WRONG. Yes, there are some out there, but not everyone is like that.
When I was in LA, I headed to a Friendfeed Meetup to hang with some of the people I talk to every day when I am on Friendfeed. They were some of the coolest, genuine people you could ever meet.
If you are able to meet the people you talk to on a social networking site, do it. You might be surprised in a good way.
People who attended:
- Anika - http://friendfeed.com/faboomama
- Adrian - http://friendfeed.com/adrianculici
- Derrick - http://friendfeed.com/geekandahalf
- Mark V - http://friendfeed.com/mvandenberg
- Mark K - http://friendfeed.com/krynsky
- Amani - http://friendfeed.com/mirthnadir
- Me – http://friendfeed.com/dcfemella
Befriend them. They don’t bite. Believe me, I met them.